The trade mission of honey-buyers has the aim to support the Mexican honeybee sector, with the participation of importers and retailers of European companies. At this time, Mexico is the 8th global power in the honey production and is ranked third in exporting. This activity is especially concentrated in the southern states of the country, led by the state of Yucatán.
Dates of the event
The trade mission of importers of honey in Mexico will happen on the dates 13-19 of May, 2018.
Place of the event
The trade mission of importers of honey in Mexico will take place in the states Aguascalientes, Campeche, Yucatán and Querétaro.
Objectives of the program
The aims pursued to help the Mexican agro food producers are:
– First of all, to commercialize their products while entering new markets
– Secondly, to offer an ad hoc instrument to consolidate new international markets
– Thirdly, to identify new business opportunities and new opportunities concerning improvement of production
– Furthermore, to know the technical innovations of the sector (machines, packaging, presentations)
– Lastly, to reduce costs of the international prospection
Basically, buyers of honey from Germany, the Netherlands, Spain, France, Denmark, Hungary, Saudi Arabia, Austria, UK and Poland interested in getting in contact with companies that can offer interesting quantities of honey.
In general, the trade mission of importers of honey is targeting Mexican companies (natural or legal persons), producers, retailers and/ or distributors of honey with the capacity to export.
Tariff related data with Mexico
Since the Free Trade Agreement between Mexico and the European Union (FTA EU-MX) was signed in 2000, Mexico can export agro-food products without tariffs.
The main buyers of Mexican honey
– Saudi Arabia
The main Mexican states of producers of Mexican honey