Barcelona Export organizes international trade missions
What are international trade missions?
International trade missions are included within the sectorial plans to promote the internationalization of Spanish SMEs towards a series of markets with strong potential and considered as strategic markets.
These missions are usually contracted by organizers such as: ICEX España Exportación e Inversiones, Cámaras de Comercio, foreign promotion agencies (or equivalent body) of the Autonomous Communities and other organizations.
Type of international trade missions
The direct commercial missions are expeditions of several companies (uni-sectorial or multi sectorial) to a certain objective market. The companies that are part of it will be able to promote their range of products / services and thus take the receptivity from the market, as well as analyse the business opportunities that the market allows.
Within this category we find three types of direct mission:
– Study missions, aimed at analysing the commercial possibilities of the sector offer in the target market
– Sales missions, to publicize our offer and close sales
– Exhibition missions, where the companies exhibit their products and make demonstrations and tastings.
The international reverse trade missions promote the visit of Spain of foreign entrepreneurs or professionals to make them aware of the Spanish offer. The foreign delegation visits productive centres, business parks or even participates in national fairs of the sector of interest.
Within this category we find two types of reverse trade mission:
– Missions of buyers, when the foreign delegation consists of importing companies or distributors of the country visiting to meet potential Spanish suppliers
– Missions of opinion prescribers or makers, in which foreign professionals (sector professionals and specialized journalists) participate, influencing purchasing decisions with their opinions.
Barcelona Export proposes a wide range of international trade missions and host buyer projects to export promotion agencies, international fairs and clusters.