During the days of the 16th to 19th April, the next edition of the biannual international fair of the agri-food sector takes place: Alimentaria 2018. This year’s edition merges with another well-known exhibition, the Hostelco, an exhibition for hotelier equipment.
Some interesting facts
This major trade show platform, Alimentaria 2018, will bring together 4.500 companies, 150.000 experts (27% of whom will be international, coming from more than 70 different countries), it will occupy 100.000m2 and attract more than 1.400 key buyers from 150 countries.
300 innovations will be presented, 120 conferences will be held, 35 chefs with 45 Michelin stars will gather (at Hostelco) and 150 gastronomic activities can be enjoyed.
Alimentaria 2018 will cover 6 halls of the fairground Gran Vía, bringing together food, drink and food service companies. In order to facilitate the visit of the exhibition, the fair organises its exhibition in 6 sector-specific events:
– Food Service
– Intervin: wine industry. With Jancis Robinson, Nick Lander or Eric Asimov being present.
– Intercarn: meat industry
– Expoconser: canned and semi-preserved food industry
– Interlac: offering dairy products and derivates
– Multiple Foods: with consumer products
– Premium: reserved for haute cuisine and oenology
It will take place in hall 8, sharing the space with Restaurama. Innovations concerning products, technologies and solutions for equipment and machinery for the hospitality industry will be introduced.
The presented subsectors are:
– Kitchenware, tableware, utensils and packaging
– Equipment and machinery technologies for the hotel and catering industry
– Technology, entertainment and software
– Textiles, clothing and uniforms
– Interior design, decoration, lighting and furniture
– Cleaning and laundry
– Spa, wellness and accessories
– Bakery, ice-cream and pastry shop
The Hostelco Experience and the Alimentaria Experience
35 chefs with more than 45 Michelin stars will come together. Among these we can highlight:
– Andoni Luis Aduriz (Mugaritz, Guipúscoa)
– Fina Puigdevall (Les Cols, Girona)
– Nando Jubany (Can Jubany)
– Paco Roncero (La Terraza del Casino, Madrid)
– Mario Sandoval (Coque, Madrid)
The internationalization of exhibiting companies
One of the priorities of this year´s edition is to promote the internationalization of the exhibiting companies and the sector as a whole.
In this sense, Alimentaria 2018 has clearly opted for a strong Host Buyers program of quality and high import capacity. All of this is reinforced by a great networking tool such as the Matchmaking application, both through the web and through the mobile phone, which facilitates the relationship between buyers and exhibitors.
Barcelona Export’s role
For this edition of Alimentaria 2018, Barcelona Export has organised agendas for meetings with buyers from more the 15 different countries for its 3 clients:
– Handmade Gourmet Croquettes
– Gourmet Vegetable Chips
– Artisanal distillery of Vodka and Gin
We have managed to arrange more than 70 meetings that will take place in the course of the 4 days of the exhibition.
In addition to the pre-fair preparations, we will accompany our clients at their stand in order to help them at the translation and negotiation on international level.
To complete our service of accompaniment to fairs we will follow up on each of the contacts made during the event, and previously, to close as many commercial collaboration agreements as possible.